Canoe Excursion Proves Deadly for Brampton Man
Shortly after 3 p.m. on Saturday July 26, Emergency Services were summoned to a property at 14008 Trafalgar Road, Halton Hills, in relation to a man that was missing.
The 47-year-old man had been canoeing alone in a large spring-fed pond and disappeared inexplicably.
With assistance from the Halton Hills Fire Department, an extensive ground search and dredging of the pond was simultaneously undertaken by members of K9 Services, uniform personnel and Police Marine Unit.
On Sunday July 27, at 4 a.m., the search concluded following the discovery of the man’s body in the pond under several feet of water.
A post-mortem examination is being conducted in an attempt to establish the exact cause of death.
The name of the deceased is being withheld at the request of family.Posted: Jul. 29, 2014 Under: Halton Hills - Georgetown Permanent Link to this Article
Attention: Halton Hills Businesses !
Increase Sales for your Company – Inexpensive, Easy and Effective!!
Be found on search engines! Get more visitors to your site! Have your site generate leads! Or revenue! Our proven methods for building quality traffic and positive search engine results will help you increase visitors to your site and sales for your company.
Halton Hot Jobs - July 28, 2014
Halton Region helps unemployed and underemployed people in Halton prepare for, obtain and maintain employment. We work in partnership with companies and organizations in our community to post the latest employment opportunities.
Here are the new job listings at the Halton Region Job Board for this week:
- Key HOLDER – BENCH
- Sales ASSOCIATE – BENCH
- P/t Customer Service Representative – Toronto Premium Outlets
- General Labour – Pollard Windows
- Inside Sales Representative – Western Canada – TransCore Link Logistics
- Meat Cutter – DeBoer’s Poultry
- General Labour – DeBoer’s Poultry
- Machine Operator – CIM Metals
- Warehouse Supervisor – Mother-Parker’s Tea & Coffee
- Packaging Machine Operator – Mother-Parker’s Tea & Coffee
- Dual LICENSE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC – Mother-Parker’s Tea & Coffee
- Quality Control Inspector (Light Assembly) – Phoenix Quality
- Sewing machine operator – Kobe Fabrics
- All Retail Positions – Armani Outlet, Toronto – Giorgio Armani Corporation
- Dz Truck Driver w/boom experience – C-A Building Products Limited
- Building Manager Couple – Burlington – Timbercreek Communities
- Customer Service Representative – CJs Cafe
- Media Sales Representatives – DRMG
- It Technical Sales Representative / Sales Solutions – HardSoft Systems Inc.
- Office / Sales Manager – DeBoer’s Poultry
Stunt Driving X 2
On July 23rd, 2014 Halton Police conducted a speed timing exercise targeting the location of a recent double fatality (Trafalgar Rd. south of #5 Sideroad).
A 48 year old male from Mississauga was clocked at 68kph over the posted 70kph limit.
A 68 year old male from Brampton was clocked at 55kph over the posted 70 kph limit.
Both drivers had their vehicles impounded for 7 days and their drivers licences suspended for 7 days.
During this exercise 10 Provincial Offence Notices were issued which included these 2 separate incidents of ‘Stunt Driving’.
The Halton Regional Police Service is committed to community and traffic safety and encourage anyone who witnesses erratic or unsafe driving to contact the Halton Regional Police Service at 905 878-5511, or Crime Stoppers at 1 800-222-TIPS, or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.com.Posted: Jul. 25, 2014 Under: Halton Hills - Georgetown Permanent Link to this Article